CHECK OUT OUR WEBINARS
See our webinars to increase your awareness about the US market, culture and more.
Why to the US?
- World’s largest market:
- Larger than all of the EU
- GDP of the US is 67 times of the Finnish one
- GDP per capita is 1,5 times the size of the Finnish one
- US market potential is about 100 times the Finnish one
- A large market like this has tens, even hundreds of large micro markets.
- Politically stable and corporate friendly country with a working court system.
- Unlike many of the developing markets, the US court system works and for example patents can grant you a real protection if done the right way.
- Entrepreneurship is valued and corporations are being treated fairly.
- One language, one legal system
- All you need is one market entry with one language under one legal system and you’ve gained access to the World’s largest market.
- In Europe, to gain access to a market of the size of the US market, you need 40 market entries in 40 languages under 40 legal systems. Expanding to all of Europe also takes 40 times longer, if you have the same resources.
- Know what you don’t know. Find out about the real demand for your product in the US.
- Find out your main competition, their products and price points.
- The United States of America has 50 states, nearly all of which larger than Finland. Find out what’s the right state to get started from.
- The US Market needs a new marketing plan.
- Study the US business customs as well as the culture in general. The experience from Europe and Asia isn’t going to cut it.
- Find out, whether your product needs FDA clearance of not. FDA stands for US Food and Drug Administration, the counterpart for the Finnish Department of Health and Wellbeing, Evira and the EU directives of this area.
- Find out about the laws and regulations of the US and how they affect your company and your product.
- It’s always wise to use experienced advisors, who have successfully brought businesses from Finland to the US.
- Learn online management immediately. You will save a lot of time and money.
- It’s a good idea to use an American legal office to draft your agreements.
The content on our website is only meant to provide general information and is not legal advice. We make our best efforts to make sure the information is accurate, but we cannot guarantee it. Do not rely on the content as legal advice. For assistance with legal problems or for a legal inquiry please contact your attorney.